Welcome to Ipswich Hospital
Our Passion, Your Care


  • Advice and signposting – helping you navigate the hospital and its services
  • Compliments and comments – we can pass on your compliments and ideas to improve services
  • Concerns and complaints handling – listening and supporting you to raise concerns and complaints

Access guides for Ipswich Hospital

Opening times
Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays)
9am – 4pm
Contact by: telephone, letter, email or in person.

Telephone: 01473 704781
Internal extension: 6781
Freephone: 0800 328 7624
Email: ihn-tr.pals@nhs.net or  pals.service@ipswichhospital.nhs.uk
Please note:
We sometimes experience problems receiving and sending emails to and from Hotmail email accounts. If at all possible, please use an alternative email account to contact PALS.

Office address:
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (S617)
Ipswich Hospital
Heath Road

The PALS office is located in the South Finance Office Suite opposite Boxford Ward.

Ipswich Hospital's Complaints leaflet in easy-read formatHow to raise concerns or make complaints
The hospital aims to listen and respond to your concerns and complaints, ensuring we learn from them to improve the patient and carer experience. PALS is a free service and enables your concerns and complaints to be treated confidentially and will not harm or prejudice the care provided.

In the first instance you can raise your concern or complaint with a member of staff close to the cause of it, such as the ward sister or charge nurse, or you can contact PALS who will help to resolve your concerns.

PALS can give you information and advice as well as helping you deal with any difficulties which may arise. 

If you are unable to raise concerns or complain yourself then someone else, usually a relative or friend, an advocate or another representative, can do so on your behalf, with your agreement.

If you would like a copy of our complaints leaflet in easy-read format, just click on the picture above.


Extra help to make a complaint:

We want to support people who wish to complain and you can access some useful resources here www.ombudsman.org.uk/complain-for-change



Related documents and links to further information