Welcome to Ipswich Hospital
Our Passion, Your Care

Rheumatology Services

We have links with other health professions such as podiatry, orthotics and dietetics, and also liaise with other departments such as dermatology, orthopaedics and respiratory medicine (chest clinic) where appropriate.

Rheumatology Services FAQs

Use the form below to search the Rheumatology Services FAQs for entries containing specific words or combinations of words.

Search for:
Where can I get advice about protecting my joints?

You may be referred to the occupational therapist or the hand therapist (a specialist physiotherapist) for advice on protecting your joints, both during a flare and in the longer term. This may include providing you with resting and/or working splints for your wrists and hands. You may also be given exercises to strengthen the supporting structures which you can do at home. You will be advised on how best to manage activities around the home and/or workplace without causing further damage to affected joints.